I stumbled upon this article today and thought it should be shared.
In our opinion, well-groomed gents have just gotta’…
– Say “thanks” when someone holds the door.
– Let people off the elevator before rushing on.
– When calling someone with whom there is no set phone appointment, ask “do you have a minute?” before jumping into that rant/talk.
– Listen and make sure that person says “yes, I have a minute” before launching into that rant/talk.
– Provide a firm handshake always. Not “break his wrist” firm, but no dead fish.
– If asking someone “how are you?” — being prepared and ready to listen with actual attention.
– Be pleasant and polite to service staff no matter the venue. Issues can be addressed, but there are ways to do it with dignity and without demeaning someone.
– Wear a bow tie once in awhile.
– Write handwritten notes and send them through the mail (of course, to someone they know or are trying to get to know).
– Make sure to “take it” as good as you “dish it out.”
– Tell the truth — that way nothing really has to be remembered.
– Take off that blue tooth head seat if it’s not in use.
– Un-clip any mobile technology strapped to belts.
– Provide an offer for reading this far. Get 10% off all purchases on www.groominglounge.com when you enter the code “GOTTODO” at checkout.
– Know when others are sick of reading your list…. (we’re done)