I just realized after seeing a classmate using the bullet journal that I’ve been using it for about eight months now.
There are a lot of things that I like about this method. And there are a lot of things that I feel like some people take too far. But to each it’s own.
- You have control of the look or style of calendar you use and can change it from month to month.
- You’re not bond by what was pre-printed once you realize something don’t work the way that you needed it to work for you.
- You have everything in one place: your appointments, notes, and anything else you may stuff into your day planner
- You have to draw out everything yourself or (something I’m working on) you have to take the time to design your pages and print them.
- Moleskine and LT1917 notebooks are more than I’m willing to pay for a notebook.
I love that you can make the bullet journal all that you want it to be. Just because someone else draws these beautiful pictures for their layouts, don’t mean that you have too. I think that some of the people in the Bullet Journal groups on Facebook and Instagram take it a bit too serious with all the washi tape and pen collections. I found myself falling into the trap of the washi tape game as well. I bought maybe five rolls and have yet to use them. Now the ink pens I can understand a bit. I’ve always liked having a good ink pen.
I am almost finished with my first Moleskine. Once complete, I will post a flip through video. Until then…